What I do
I teach and research in the field of Geographic Information Science.
High-Performance Geo-computing, Spatial Analysis, Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI)
I obtained my Ph.D. in GIScience from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2018. During my Ph.D. study, I also obtained a M.S. in Computer Sciences in 2016. My current research is focused on the theory and application of volunteered geographic information (VGI) and computing technologies to support spatial big data analytics.
- Ph.D., Geographic Information Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2018
- MS, Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2016
- MS, Geographic Information Science, Beijing Normal University, 2013
- BS, Geography, Beijing Normal University, 2010
- American Association of Geographers
- International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences
My research falls in geospatial big data analytics. I am particularly interested in VGI and its applications. VGI has been an important source of geospatial big data. However, it suffers from certain data quality issues in analysis (e.g., spatial bias). My research focuses on mitigating spatial bias in VGI (and other non-traditional data) to improve the quality of inferences made from them. In addition, geospatial big data (e.g., VGI) is often massive, it is urgent to address the computational challenges facing geospatial big data analysis. A side-line of my research focuses on developing algorithmic optimizations and utilizing cutting-edge computing technologies (e.g., high-performance computing) to support geospatial big data analytics.
- Whitbeck Graduate Dissertator Award, Department of Geography, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Best Paper Competition Award (Runner Up), The 2nd International Symposium on Spatiotemporal Computing
- Campus-Wide Capstone Ph.D. Teaching Award, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Trewartha Conference Travel Award, Department of Geography, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Excellent Olympics Volunteer Award, 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Committee